
Right now we are potty training Alfred. Obviously. He seems to get the hang of it when he has no pants on and doesn't have to worry about stripping down. Today was a test to take him out of the house without a diaper/nappie on. We picked Paddy up from school then took him to the tutors in Ramsgate. Alfred was good on the school pickup and then fell asleep on the way to Ramsgate. Frightened is a good word of how I felt when I looked to see the sleeping child. But luckily when he woke 45 minutes later he was dry and we were at Waitrose (a fancy grocery store). I thought about putting a diaper/nappie on him but I thought luck was on my side. Not!! We browsed through the store and bought some candy for them for doing well today and as we were checking out Alfred grabbed my hand and said wee mommy. There was a puddle next to him but he was dry. It went down his leg, got his shoes and socks wet and left a puddle. I quickly exited the place! Embarrassing!! If anyone saw they probably thought scum of the earth mother for leaving. Oh well what to do eh?!
Some of mom adventures can be crazy, boring, loving, surprising, scary and the list goes on...Potty training is a bit of everything!!
No comments:
Post a Comment